The Lapp Family Amish guesthouse is located just outside the town of Intercourse. It’s surrounded by Amish farmland with a view from the front porch of the valley. Although this is not a farm property, there are horses in the meadow, and depending on time of year the farmers may be working the fields with horses or mules. Our guesthouse has 5 bedrooms and sleeps up to 10 people. Bring your in-laws! It also features a large fully furnished kitchen with stove, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, etc. with dining area, a sitting room and full bath on the first floor. (please scroll through our photos above) Or enjoy an evening around a campfire in the outdoor picnic area. This is a modern guest house situated in the heart of Amish country.
The first floor has a bedroom with a queen bed and a nursery with a child’s bed. An adjoining children’s toy room has a crib and 2nd child’s bed. The second floor has three bedrooms and a half bathroom. There’s also a full basement for the children to play with some toys and games. No meals are served, but the fully equipped kitchen allows you to enjoy meals in the comfort of the guesthouse. Food items can be purchased at the local Amish discount grocery store or the popular Stoltzfus Meats where you will find many wonderful meal items. Your stay will include a complimentary package of K-Cup coffee’s and selected snacks with your stay.
Guests who stay in the Lapp Family Guesthouse are offered the opportunity to interact with an Amish family. John & Linda have 6 children from 5 to 18 years of age. Depending on their schedule you may even be able to spend some time in the evening at their home directly behind the guest house.
- Private guesthouse; you will be the only lodgers
- Full kitchen, sitting room & bathroom on first floor
- Sleeps 10 in five bedrooms, with a queen bed in the master bedroom.
- House has full electricity and AC – no Wi-Fi or TV
- 2 or more nights: $110 per/night for 2 people, $10 each additional guest (over 12 years of age), 11 & under free
- For a 1-night stay there is a $15 surcharge
- Winter rates (2 or more nights from Dec.1 – Feb 28) $80 per/night for 2 people, $10 each additional, 5 & under free
- Check-in 3:00 PM or after – Check-out 11:00 AM
- Sorry, no pets allowed – No smoking
- tax of 7.1% and booking fees not included in above rates – please contact us with the size of your party & ages of any children for an exact quote
- Please click here to check availability & book online.
Submit your review
Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Lapp Family Guesthouse! John and Linda were very gracious hosts, the house was spacious and comfortable, my kids loved feeding the goats and seeing the horses and playing on the swings, and the location was perfect for exploring Lancaster County. Recommended very highly!
Thank you for your review!